Tuesday, January 19, 2010

33 weeks

it's been several weeks since i've had a belly picture taken so i asked hayden if he would mind helping me out again. if it seems like i'm standing at an angle...it's just the photographer!
things are still going smoothly although i have become much more uncomfortable than i have ever remembered being with either of the boys. i'm having a much harder time falling asleep at nite...or i guess i should say staying asleep. i can only get comfortable on my right side but after awhile my leg will start to cramp up. i don't know how this baby is laying, but if i lay on my left side it appears as though something is there and it makes things miserable. so back to my right side i go.
i went to the dr. yesterday for my 33 week appointment. i am now going every other week. hayden had the day off of school so i took him and talan along with me. i figured it would be the last time hayden would be able to hear the heartbeat of the baby while it was still inside of me, and it's something he hasn't heard since we told him the news back at my 12 week appointment. he still seems really excited about the baby coming and is still hoping for a girl.
my appointment went well, the same as always. i'm measuring perfectly, so no extra fluid. dr. hakim says my weight gain is great as i have only gained a total of about 17 pounds this whole time. and the baby's heart rate is still perfect. the baby actually almost always starts moving all around whenever he is checking it out. probably the only person it actually lets see and feel it move.
i made sure to ask him the after hours number i need to call when i go into labor and then, most importantly, if i can request that the drug dr. be waiting for me when i call in! he starts out by saying "well, yeah, but most people have plenty of time..." that's when i interrupted him to remind him that i was not most people and i do not have plenty of time! ahhh yes. so the answer was a yes. while talking to the dr. on the phone, if things are progressing quickly they can call the drug dr. not that i believe he'll actually be there waiting for me. but it's good to know....
he told me that he would probably start checking me at about 37 weeks so that hopefully we can see where i'm at and know if things are progressing. i don't think that will really matter though. i think that once i start dilating, that's it. i go from 1-10 in about 2 hours. so we'll see. i think i was checked with talan between 37 and 39 weeks and there was nothing. then at week 40....boom. 2 hours, 20 minutes later he was here. not a single symptom until it was time to GO!!
my next appointment will be my 35 week appointment on february 2nd. i wish time would slow down a bit!!! i'm not quite ready yet!





No comments: