Thursday, April 5, 2007

the deadline has been set

yesterday i went in for another ultrasound to check my fluid levels. dad said i could have done it a whole lot cheaper just going to jiffy lube and i think i agree. the fluid levels are even higher than they were when we went in on march 12th. mom and jessica went with me (mom cried, of course) and the ultrasound tech told them to stand clear of me if and when my water breaks cuz it's just gonna be a mess. here are some more photos of the baby at 39 1/2 weeks.


this is a picture of the baby's face. it is looking right at you. the tech stated once again that this baby has a lot of hair. big surprise.

this is the baby's arm and hand which is up over it's face:


today i went in to see my dr. for another non stress test since they are closed tomorrow. everything once again looked good, but again he had concern over the fluid level. he said that since the fluid levels are going up still he is giving me until my appointment on tuesday to go into labor and then we will have to induce. from there, i will probably be induced somewhere between tuesday and thursday all depending on the schedule. i REALLY don't want to be induced. and as much as i don't want to be in the hospital on easter, right now, i'll take anything other than being induced. he is just concerned that my water breaking at home is not the safest thing with all the extra fluid. and the longer that we wait, the more of a concern it is. so, we know that this baby will be born by a week from today.
dad is making me sit on garbage bags when i'm at their house so i don't ruin the furniture with what he calls my "tsunami." i'm just scared i'll be sitting in church on easter sunday and the flood gates will open. would make for an interesting story though....

No comments: