Thursday, April 17, 2008

bloggers ate my babies....back in business

so as i'm sure you've heard by now, my camera died on talan's first birthday. i went back and forth quite a bit as to what camera to get and after half of the population told me to get a canon, i did so.
for whatever reason, i still have not wanted to get a digital slr. maybe because i get pretty much what i want/need/can do out of a slightly more advanced point and shoot for half the cost. but i'm sure one day i'll make my way to a digital slr.
i decided to get two camera's as it was always our intention to get a small pocket sized camera since the camera we have has a big zoom and is definitely not pocket sized. sometimes you just want to bring your camera but you don't need a big zoom and just don't feel like lugging the bigger one around with you.
beach camera ended up having both of the cameras that i wanted for below cost so i got a really good deal on both of them. i ended up getting the canon s5 which has a 12x zoom and i got the small sd1100 elph.
i placed my order on monday and yesterday, at about 2:20pm my camera's arrived.
i played around with them a bit yesterday and was really happy with the pictures i took. in fact, one of my new favorite pictures of all time was taken yesterday with my s5.
here are some that i took. with many more to come!

one of my all time favorite pictures :these are few and far between:

it may look like his "sexy" pose, but when you say "where's talan?" he puts his hands over his ears instead of his eyes:
he loves shoes:
love this one:
stuffing his face with pretzels:


No comments: